The Community Foundation of Harford County funds nonprofit organizations that have received a determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service indicating the organization is tax-exempt. CFHC does not give grants to individuals. CFHC funds in the following program areas:
- Human services
- Health and safety
- Community development
- Agriculture and Environment
- Arts, culture, and humanities
The Community Foundation of Harford County’s grants are funded through generous donors who have provided unrestricted gifts and/or established unrestricted or interest specific funds. These funds are designed to meet the changing and emerging needs of the Harford County community.
Through its grant making, the Community Foundation of Harford County strives to improve the quality of life for the residents of Harford County. CFHC strives to maintain a proactive focus and an ability to respond to creative ideas from grant seekers. CFHC encourages applicants to submit proposals that enhance cooperation and collaboration among the organizations and institutions within the county. CFHC promotes the effective delivery of services from nonprofit organizations.
CFHC Impact Grants
CFHC accepts proposals requesting funding for the following:
- Demonstration projects if accompanied by a sound evaluation plan
- General operating costs
- New or special projects undertaken by an organization
- Program evaluation, generally if the organization has applied for or received a grant for program implementation
- Seed money for new nonprofit [501(c)(3)] organizations
- Gap funding for a project
- Matching funds required by another funding agency
- Emergency funds, under certain circumstances. Organizations must contact the foundation to discuss their situations prior to submitting a proposal
CFHC does not fund
- Capital projects
- Organizations that do not provide a direct service but are requesting a grant in order to redistribute or re-grant the funds to other organizations
- Deficit financing
- Organizations that do not have nondiscrimination policies
- Any project that would jeopardize its 501(c)(3) status
- Religious organizations for religious programs or any religious organization that requires religious participation in return for non-secular assistance
- Political or lobbying efforts
Discretionary and unrestricted funds are used specifically for organizations and programs that operate in Harford County and assist Harford County residents.
The CFHC Impact Grant is not available at this time. Please check back regularly for the Impact Grants application timeline.
The Women’s Giving Circle of Harford County (WGC) 2019 grant program assists a wide range of nonprofit organizations whose projects and/or programs directly benefit women, children and/or families in Harford County.
The purpose of the program is to provide one-year grants of up to $5,000 to non-profit organizations that provide services in Harford County, Maryland. Grant funds may be used for direct costs related to projects/programs, such as but not limited to, personnel, equipment, materials and supplies, and administration.
Pre-Application Meeting – Jan. 23 – Register Now!
The Women’s Giving Circle (WGC) of Harford County 2019 Grant Guidelines and Application has been posted. Applications are due by noon on Friday, March 15, 2019. Additionally, a pre-application meeting for prospective applicants is scheduled for Wednesday, January 23, 2019 , from 3:00 to 7:00 at the MedStar Campus, 2 MedStar Boulevard, Bel Air, Maryland 21015. Following this meeting and based on questions from participants, a Frequently Asked Questions document will be developed and posted for informational purposes. Please RSVP to Rosemary King Johnston at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
I WANT TO SUPPORT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF HARFORD COUNTY!