FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
SUMMARY: The Financial and Administrative Assistant will provide fiscal, administrative, and staff support for the general organizational operations of the Community Foundation of Harford County, Inc. The position works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include he following:
- Perform general bookkeeping/accounting functions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, preparing fiscal reports, etc.
- Process gifts and donations, and issue letters of acknowledgment and tax receipts accordingly.
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer telephone, respond to requests for information and/or forward messages as needed. Keep the office orderly and clean.
- General office duties such as daily mail, copying, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, etc.
- Manage scholarship and grant application processes.
- Prepare and coordinate materials for board of directors’ meetings, committee meetings, donor/prospect meetings, etc.
- Assist with research and cost comparisons for vendors.
- Maintain master office calendar.
- Maintain and update CFHC databases.
- Coordinate annual mailings.
- Provide meeting and event support (e.g., taking minutes, scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Assist with the completion of filings for the organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Bookkeeping/accounting and data management experience required.
- Experience using QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- Office administrative support experience is preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Experience working for a nonprofit agency preferred.
- Knowledge of Harford County philanthropic/nonprofit community preferred.
Salary range $16 to $18 per hour depending on experience. Part-time 20 hours per week with potential to grow. Flexible hours. Friendly small-office work environment.
Email resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29, 2019.
Community Foundation of Harford County is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.